Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Someone PLEASE...STOP THE MADNESS!

Does anyone remember that freaky blonde who did those weight loss infomercials and used to yell "Stop the MADNESS!"  I've been yelling that for at least two weeks now inside of my head.


Every day, when I walk to my office, I pray that I will not see the machinery and equipment outside my building; the absence of which might signal the completion of the continuous work being done there.  Apparently, they are sandblasting the brick.  Apparently, this is work that cannot be done quietly. This seemingly critical campus project results in the creation of a bone jarring, continuous loud noise inside of my office--well, at least until 3:30 when they seem to knock off work.  It is beginning to wear on me to the point that I am starting to feel that I have to do violence in order to feel better.


This morning, I had the occasion to chat with the nice lad who seems to be heading up the project.  Politely, I asked him how long he thought this project would take.  Politely, he informed me they would be out there until August 20th.  Wait...WHAT????


  


STOP THE MADNESS!


Perhaps this would be a good time to:
-Pretend to have meetings elsewhere on campus
-Call in sick
-Schedule appointments with doctors, dentists, mammogram people and veterinarians
-Pray to be selected for jury duty Thursday
-Go to the student center and watch daily World Cup Matches
-Hope for a sudden onset of deafness
-Bang my head endlessly against the block wall in my office, hoping to knock myself unconscious
-Wish for an early birthday gift of Bose noise cancelling headphones
-Take vacation time--unfortunately, I do not have enough days to get me to August 20!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment