Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Oh the Competence that Reigns!







These are photos of what is currently happening right outside of my office. "It" has been going on for about two weeks now.  I say "it" because none of us has the slightest clue what these guys are doing, but one thing is certain:  they are not doing it quietly.

Two days ago, heavy thunderstorms were moving it.  I went home for lunch, collected my fearful little dog, and, as I can often do during the quiet summers, brought him back to work with me, because I knew he would be terrified with the thunder.  This turned out to be a serious error in judgment.  One of these guys was right outside of my window, and, for two solid hours, used something that sounded for all the world like an over-amplified dentist's drill.  My dog was beside himself.  Needless to say, I was also on my very last nerve as well.

Not only is the noise never-ending and about to send me right over the edge, but, today, a new, cool thing happened:



Yes, that is the inside of my office window.  They are using a high-pressure water sprayer to do whatever it is they're doing.  OH, and LOOK!  My windows, which clearly aren't sealed very well (perhaps explaining why it is often about 17 degrees in my office in the winter and about 105 in the summer), are leaking!  Gee!  It's peeling the paint right off the wall, and goody, it's dripping down onto my desk!

I went out to inform them of this.  Guess what?  They looked at me as if I was speaking a foriegn language.  And then they turned the pressure sprayer back on. 

Well, I was hoping to get my office painted, and maybe now (doubtful), it will be approved.  Keep dousing me with water boys!

3 comments:

  1. When it means money, they often look at you as if you are speaking in tongues. I can talk to my friend Tony,down the hall, to see if he can have your window sealed. Or I can look at the schedule and see when your building is due to have the windows sealed. What building are you in again.

    PS: YOU ARE ALLOWED TO BRING YOUR DOG TO WORK WITH YOU. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? KARP

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in Hurley, but sometime (???) we're moving to the dome, so let 'em destroy us!

    Guess what--when we move to the dome, I hardly think the pup will be allowed (and I'll have to dress up). I have a great private office right now, and he lays under the desk nicely (and my office mates love dogs).

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS, but LOOK! SUNSHINE streaming through the windows. How can I be upset when we finally had a rain-free day??

    ReplyDelete